Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(D:\Inetpub\muscadinegrapesresveratrol/D:\Inetpub\muscadinegrapesresveratrol\wp-content\plugins\thesis-openhook/thesis_openhook-en_US.mo) is not within the allowed path(s): (D:\;C:\php5;C:\Temp;C:\Windows\Temp) in D:\Inetpub\muscadinegrapesresveratrol\wp-includes\l10n.php on line 329
Julia Miller News 6 Health or News 9 Acai - Is this for Real?

Julia Miller News 6 Health or News 9 Acai - Is this for Real? NO - Click To Read Our Full Report!

Julia Miller News 6 Health or News 9 Acai – Is this for Real?

by dave on March 12, 2010

Okay, this has nothing to do with muscadine grapes – but we just read about this outrageous scam involving Acai Berry and a Julia Miller from News 6 Health or News 7 Health or News 9 Health – it doesn’t really matter where she is from since she is NOT REAL and the NEWS SITE IS NOT REAL!

The Julia Miller News 6 Health Acai Scam – Uncovered!

Over the last few weeks we have received countless emails from News 6 Health about a story their “senior health editor”, Julia Miller, did on Acai.  It all sounded great, she tried an Acai product for 4 weeks and lost 28 pounds!  In fact, it all sounded a little too good to be true so we started investigating.

It turns out Julia Miller is NOT Real and the News 6 Health Site is Not Real!

This is a complete scam and we just want to get the word out so you don’t fall for it.

You need to take a look at this great article which exposes the whole Acai berry scam -

Exposing the Julia Miller Health News 6 Acai Berry Scam

They also have a great video, where they completely uncover the Julia Miller Acai Health Scam…

Great video on Julia Miller Acai Health News Scam

Don’t worry, we will get back to posting about Muscadine Grapes and Resvertrol soon – but we just felt we had to get the word out about this disgusting Acai Berry scam!  Spread the word – let everyone know this is a scam!

{ 50 comments… read them below or add one }

tamara white April 12, 2010 at 3:05 pm

this is a scam these people charge your card in 48hrs and when you call you get some idiots in india telling you bullshit do not trust them i will be reporting them to the better business bureau and when you ask for their tax id they tell you they cant share that with you

tamara white April 12, 2010 at 3:08 pm

this is the email the assholes sent after i called them but still no refund

Modifications To Your Modifications To Your Terms and Conditions:
Thank you for visiting our website. Please take a few minutes to read the following as when you submit this form you automatically accept the following terms and conditions and confirming the order process. You are agreeing that your credit card will not be billed for any future recurring charges. No credit will be issued to your credit card for your trial order which you. You are confirming that that your future subscription will be cancelled effective as of today. All orders already processed have been billed to credit card on file. You may renew your membership for subscription orders at any time by simply calling customer care at 800-440-4397 Monday thru Friday 8am-6pm Eastern Standard Time. We take charge backs very seriously. All internet credit card companies’ use these databases to access credit risk with customers and future purchases with other internet companies might be denies. We do not have any control over this fraud database. Once you get on these lists it is very difficult to get your name removed from it. BE SMART! DONT DESTROY YOUR INTERNET CREDIT If a customer charges a purchase back we will place their name, address, zip code, and credit card number into an Internet fraud database.. This also serves as a retraction of any actions initiated by you the customer that may lead to or is a potential chargeback. All sales and terms are final. Limit one per household.

tamara white April 12, 2010 at 4:09 pm

The Better Business Bureau’s Warnings
Those “free” 14-day trial offers for “super food” diet supplements claiming celebrity endorsements may be too good to be true, according to the Better Business Bureau.

The bureau released a statement this January warning consumers to be wary of online sales offering acai berry-related weight loss products, saying the marketing of these products is often misleading. The bureau said it has received “thousands” of complaints from consumers about online sales of acai berry products.

In a scheme called “negative option” advertising, dozens of companies nationwide offer “free” trials of acai diet products, claiming endorsements from Oprah Winfrey, Rachael Ray and others, but then charge month after month unless the consumer cancels the order, according to the bureau.

“BBB [the Better Business Bureau] can’t speak to the restorative or weight-loss properties of acai-based products, but we are taking companies to task for their misleading sales and marketing practices,” bureau spokesman Steve Cox said in a statement.

“Many businesses across the country are using the same selling model for their acai products: They lure customers in with claimed celebrity endorsements and free trial offers, and then lock them in by making it extremely difficult to cancel the automatic delivery of more acai products every month,” he said in the release.

The endorsements are also misleading, according to the bureau, and some lawyers representing those celebrities have already gone after these online companies.

“Consumers should be aware that Oprah Winfrey is not associated with nor does she endorse any acai berry product or online solicitation of such products. Attorneys for Harpo are pursuing any companies that claim such an affiliation,” said Don Halcombe, spokesman for Harpo Productions, Winfrey’s production company. Rachael Ray has also complained to companies that falsely claim she has endorsed their products.

Consumers can check http://www.bbb.org to get a “reliability report” on particular companies before purchasing an online product.

“These companies are simply abusing general acai berry endorsements from well-known, trusted celebrities by using it as a tacit endorsement of their company and products specifically,” added the bureau’s Cox.

“Consumers trust Oprah and unfortunately, if they are tricked into believing that she is putting her stamp of approval on a product then they are definitely more likely to purchase it,” he said.

dave April 13, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Hi Tamara,

So sorry to hear about all the problems, but we do appreciate you sharing so others can avoid these problems. I have to say, that whole thing about being put on some Internet Fraud database if you chargeback is INSANE! There is only one fraud going on here – and it is the one being pulled off by these Julia Miller acai scammers. They are trying to scare you into not charging back – don’t fall for it. These people are just disgusting and will stop at nothing to take your money.

Good luck,
Dave

Patrick April 14, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I clicked one of their ads because their model, “Julia”, is absolutely stunning. Shallow, I know, but I’m getting to my point: if you go to their site news7daily.tv/us/us6.phpt202id=1376&t202kw=300 you can see only positive comments at the bottom of the front page (yeah, right). The ‘Leave a Reply’ option has been removed and instead reads ‘Comments have been closed due to spam. Please check back later.’ (double yeah, right). Also, the existing “comments”, in addition to being suspiciously all positive, have the stink of phony infomercial testimonials (in other words, they sound more like marketing than natural human speech). For example, there’s the ‘I was a skeptic at first when I heard, but you made me a believer!’ and the ‘this is a godsend!’ and the ‘I’ve been struggling my whole life with weight…’, etc.

Hopefully these kinds of things will set off your own skepticism alarm in the future!

Patrick April 14, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Just saw another comment:

“Amy says: 11:38 PM Tuesday, April 13, 2010 Hey Julia, i just ordered my free* trials. I can’t wait to get them!! Thanks, Amy xoxoxo”

Notice the asterisk*? To me that clearly indicates these are not true ‘man-made’ comments. And yet they’re made to look like the real thing to the casual eye, aren’t they? I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t trust anyone who pretends to be something they’re not.

dave April 14, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the comments. Well the good news is that the news7daily.tv site you mention has been shut down – now says “This account has been deactivated for violation of our terms and conditions.” Unfortunately, these scammers will just set up shop elsewhere and be back in no time. Yes, the testimonials are bogus – the whole thing is bogus.

Let’s get the word out – link to this article – so people know about this scam and do not fall for it.

Thanks,
Dave

Casey April 17, 2010 at 2:22 pm

I own 2 ecommerce sites, and retail stores, know hundreds of store owners, and have been processing Credit Cards for almost a decade.

The truth is the consumer is completly protected as long as you used your credit card. Their “Fraud Database” is internal, so “they” won’t ship to you again, … darn. They are liars, why would you expect them to be telling you the truth on the phone.

Don’t waste any time with them on the phone, request a refund, if you don’t get it, take 5 minutes and call your credit card company. Explain the situation.

The fake company gets your money taken out of their account, and, the credit card company bills them for the chargeback also. An extra $10-$25 for each charge they put on your credit card. So they don’t just break even they LOSE money. Credit card companies MAKE money on Chargebacks. The company that billed you loses money, time, and fees.

Keep in mind though consumers should ALWAYS try to talk to the company first. Chargebacks are an expensive time consuming hassle, and any “legitimate” company with good customer service should be making sure their customers are happy.

Katrina April 18, 2010 at 2:50 pm

I think it is sad that these companies are allowed to advertise this way. They try and make it look like this person is a real reporter and have her pictured that way in the background. I was just on their site today and it was working under news7report.yotrendz.com/health/

I went there because I was curious after I saw this comment post on another weight loss exercise program I was reading. The person who commented said this:

Posted by Helen.L Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:28pm PDT

Nice article. Some nice tips. But I just finished reading eye opening weight loss report on on news7.The reporter personally tested two of the best selling weight loss products in America and wrote an honest review. I was so shocked by the result of test after I finished reading the report because she revealed some of the hidden secrets in weight loss industry that the pubic will never know.

I strongly recommend you read the report because it will tell you how to really lose weight instead of losing your money on those products that won’t work! You can read the report here: news7report.yotrendz.com/health/

I guess I am one of those people who really wants to believe that there is some miracle cure for weight loss out there. People need to realize that they just have to move more and eat less. That is the magic solution.

Kathy April 19, 2010 at 5:14 pm

I fell for this scam. Tried to cancel and was told I was too late the 14 days were over. It has cost me over $300.00. Just wondering if there is anything we can do to recover our money and stop them from doing this to other people.

Aaron April 21, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I would like to thank all of you for all your comments. I’ve learned the hard way regarding buying things online. While I have some very pleasent experiences, I’ve also had bad ones.

Here are a few small tips…
NUMBER ONE: ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS do research.
NUMBER TWO: If the website is not of your complete trust… don’t buy anything, always trust your gut instinct.
NUMBER THREE: If you think that you need an item, get yourself a Visa or MC gift card. Put only the money that you will need for that transaction. If the company tries to charge it again, there will not be any money to be pulled. If you decide to continue purchasing and authorize automatic withdrawals, you keep adding more money to the gift card or simply transfer the withdrawal to your personal credit card.

This is something that I currently do when I do not trust the website or the company 100%. Hope this little tip helps.

Carol Montgomerie April 24, 2010 at 3:37 am

The woman they use in their fake news report is actually French news reader Melissa Theuriau. I wonder is she aware that she is being misrepresented as this “Julia” character?
This is the original image which they used to fake a supposed “snapshot” of the bogus news report:

Bill April 24, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Good news about the Gift Card Visa or Master Card. I’ll use that next time on a “special offer” deal on the net…..

Charles May 5, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Julia Miller doesn’t exist. Or she is not the real personn presented
They have used a photo of a quite famous french journalist : Mélissa Theuriau.

Kia May 7, 2010 at 10:58 am

I am one of the latest victims of this Julia Miller scam. Fortunately, I had not opened the product and supposedly the company is allowing me to return them for a refund of the additional $100.00 + dollars that was charged to my account. I just put in the refund request today, so we will see what actually happens. According to the CSR the policy states (in the fine print, of course) that you will be charged the full price on the 10th day if you do not cancel the order. I wish I had researched this before I got myself into this big mess. Thanks for all the good info. We have got to be more careful!

Scott May 10, 2010 at 4:22 pm

BEWARE SCAMMER ALERT!
Someone needs to nail those Acai/Colon cleanse scammer guys to the wall! I got scammed, stupid me I believing what I read on the internet about both of those supplements. Here is my experience; I saw the add thought it was really from news 6 news6health.com/ I know that was so stupid! Ordered the two bottles. Luckily I printed the order confirmation page. Then I did my research (yeah I know A$$ backwards) and came across this site explaining the scam. I had seen that they had authorized the two $5 charges to my card last week but had not actually posted them to my account. I tried calling the customer service numbers on the news6 site and they kept changing from one “different?” supplement company to another with different mailing addresses. As I opened one and called and they denied they where the company. Funny thing they had a similar supplement offering for a “trial time” then they would keep sending you new bottles every month, $10, $20, $60, $90 each. The scammers just don’t give up! Finally I found the customer service number at the bottom of the order confirmation page that I had printed when I ordered. I called it and spoke with Amanda #GS050 she confirmed I had ordered the bottles from them and it was within the 14 day trial period. Customer # 877-529-3745. Then the fun really began. She tried several times to get me to keep the product even went down to $10 per bottle per month. How nice she was to offer me those discounted deals in her broken English accent. She even made me listen to a recording basically begging me to keep the subscription. But I had enough of the games and firmly requested that I wanted to cancel the supplement subscription!!! I also informed her (on the advice of my lawyer) I was recording the call (which I was actually doing on my ipod). Don’t think I will need it but it was fun to listen to her get nervous. And get this, Amanda then said I would need to mail the empty bottles to 7102 West Roosevelt Street, #100 Phoenix AZ 85042. If I did not mail them I would be charged $70, oops she then stuttered and changed it to $90 charge for each bottle. I couldn’t believe the audacity of these people. She didn’t want to give me the company website for “security reasons”. After, I got off the phone I received a confirmation email with the RMA numbers and address to ship to. You can rest assured I will mail them back their bottles of useless supplement. Maybe I will put something fun inside the bottle for them to enjoy. So I then went through the hassle of cancelling my debit card. Yes I was dumb enough to use my actual bank account debit credit card. I was really gullible and almost deserved to get taken. Don’t be fooled, they are scammers. I am grateful you put up this website to warn everyone. I just wish I had read this site earlier and saved me all the hassles! THANK YOU so much!

Sophie May 20, 2010 at 2:43 pm

@Scott, well I was not as unfortunate as you dear I also respect you for being so honest that takes alot to admit you’ve been scammed, but I love the story you tell it well..lol These people really make me sick I did my research as always! I’m a Fitness Instructor and was just browsing dietary websites and came across this so called miracle Acai Berries. Then I saw another link with News7Report, I thought it may have been a US News cast on the product about it being a scam or not, plus the Lady ‘Julie’ was beautiful and thought what you doing telling people the news you should be a model..hehe I’m a straight black women by the way!..lol Anyway I started reading and noticed they class themselves as News 7 London!!! Redflag (Who’s this?) never heard of this news station in London as I live here! I read the whole article …. I must admit these people are good and quite convincing, but what they lack is intelligence, if these so called pills were that great they would be selling in high street stores for a high price, even bodybuilders would probably start using it, if it gives them that quick result. I was very skeptical about it all & had already convinced myself it was fake, just tooooooo good to be true mate. So I did research on the beautiful (Julie Miller) well thats what they call her, what a scam! I then came across many questionable links on google about this Julia Miller & news report, all fake! My instincts was right again. Good job on the guys that actually found out who she REALLY is…well done! Plus all the comments at the bottom are wayyyyy to positive, there are always some kind of side affect with most pills people take even health products I used to take when bodybuilding, they had little side affects, not even a tiny symptoms from none of these so called consumers. Nothing added up to me as these people sounded a little American but yet reporting from a News 7 London huh??? That just didn’t make sense, by the looks of things they seem to keep changing the ‘News Report’ name with a number eg: 6, 7, and I suppose number 8 is on it’s way next month!!..haha Jeezes this people are *%£*&%”!

The only way these scammers win is when we go against our instincts and DON’T research, plus impulse buying on the net is worse for all of us, please be smart when reading stuff on the net as it’s not as honest or trustworthy as we would all like it to be. Don’t be in a hurry to part with your hard earned cash to give scumbags like these…. I can’t stress this enough, RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH, no matter how long it takes you to find the truth, be optimistic and always be doubtful when buying things online, especially things you put into your body! It’s either your body or your wallet that gets hurt!! I’d rather none of them!

Peace & Love to you all..

Doug May 22, 2010 at 10:56 pm

anything that sounds to good to be true, usually is…..

Grace June 2, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Wow. :o I…actually almost bought into those free trial things. I only waited to get some more money to put into the bank, before using my debit card. Then, being the lazy little procrastinator I am, put off until today to actually even think about going and depositing. Luckily for me, my laptop needed to be rebooted. When I tried opening the webpage again through ‘History’, I got a 401 error. Still naively unsuspecting, I tried Googling for news6 and Julia Miller, and stumbled upon these scam warning blogs/sites. Thanks guys! <3

Gillian June 6, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Thanks for these comments. I’m desperate to lose some weight but not at that price!

No-one’s actually said if the products they got on the free trial actually worked? If so I’d be tempted to try with the gift card option, which was a great suggestion, thanks.

dave June 8, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Hi Gillian,

We have looked at the Acai that these “free trial” people are selling and it is very low quality. I can not see anyway this would help anyone! If you want to try real Acai Berry, we recommend one of the 100% Organic and Freeze Dried Acai products, like the Perfect Acai .

Thanks,
Dave

Suzanne June 9, 2010 at 7:11 am

OMG!!! can’t believe I was just scammed.
I just purchased the “free trials” and then there was something that just didn’t seem right so I googled this “julia miller” and came across this site. Wish I had of done a bit more homework before I made the purchase. I will be going to the bank in the morning and cancelling my debit card (stupid me). After reading the other comments I don’t think I will have much luck ringing anyone.
I won’t be such a sucker next time :-(

bianka June 14, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Hi guys, well I first of all I want to say that I have just fallen for it. I purchased this item about 5 minutes ago. I was on yahoo.com and went to local news and saw a link talking about acai and read the news article at live6news.com which I actually thought Julia Miller was an actual local reporter since I was looking at local news. I was so EXCITED by the article which sounded very convincing and honest that I immediately purchased the free trial for $1.95 per bottle. Now I feel really dumb because I should have researched it first. I just thought that she was a ligitimate reporter and fell into the scam. Only after did I think on googling her name to know more about her and ran into this site. Thank you whoever put this site up, I am sure that you are helping a lot of people to not fall into these almost believable sites, scams whatever they are. Now after typing this I will have to cancel my debit card immediately. Well hope everyone is well and take care. Much Love
Bianka Love

Ross June 15, 2010 at 1:35 am

The small print at the bottom of websites is usually helpful. The scammer’s are trying to make money so they want to avoid a costly law suit by the legitimate company’s they claim endorse them. That is why they use disclaimers; to avoid a large lawsuit off a technicality. If you read the disclaimers on these sites, they are actually quite amusing.

This was pulled off of: channel6reports.com

“We are not affiliated in any way with CNN, WebTV, News Channel 7, ABC, NBC, CBS, U.S. News or FOX. CNN, WebTV, News Channel 7, ABC, NBC, CBS, U.S. News, FOX, and Consumer Reports are all registered trademarks of their respective owners. ® All trademarks on this web site whether registered or not, are the property of their respective owners. The authors of this web site are not sponsored by or affiliated with any of the third-party trade mark or third-party registered trade mark owners, and make no representations about them, their owners, their products or services.

The statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products. These products are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any disease. It is important to note that this site and the comments/answers depicted above is to be used as an illustrative example of what some individuals have achieved with this/these products. This website, and any page on the website, is based loosely off a true story, but has been modified in multiple ways including, but not limited to: the story, the photos, and the comments. Thus, this page, and any page on this website, are not to be taken literally or as a non-fiction story. This page, and the results mentioned on this page, although achievable for some, are not to be construed as the results that you may achieve on the same routine. I UNDERSTAND THIS WEBSITE IS ONLY ILLUSTRATIVE OF WHAT MIGHT BE ACHIEVABLE FROM USING THIS/THESE PRODUCTS, AND THAT THE STORY/COMMENTS DEPICTED ABOVE IS NOT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY. This page receives compensation for clicks on or purchase of products featured on this site.”

I think the best part is “This website, and any page on the website, is based loosely off a true story, but has been modified in multiple ways including, but not limited to: the story”

As you can see you can learn allot from the small print. Anyways, hope you find this advice useful, and i’m really sorry to those who got caught up in all this.

Good luck –
Ross H.

Katie June 15, 2010 at 2:30 am

bored at home i was too sucked into this trial business. However within about 5 minutes i noticed and i called the phone number provided, and they cancelled the order and said i would be refunded the postage and no product would arrive, no troubles at all..

HOPEFULLY ( will find out in due time) they really did process this and I dont recieve the trials and dont get charged a heap of money. Looks like the solution is getting in before they have really lost any money.. I hope..

kbean63 June 24, 2010 at 8:07 am

You know what the best evidence is that this is a scam? Try clicking on any of the news stories at the top. Nothing happens, right? Then try clicking on the news tabs below that such as “U.S.” , “WORLD”, “BUSINESS”, “POLITICS” etc. More advertisements, right?.

John June 25, 2010 at 1:55 am

Hi all…I followed a link from yahoo clicking on a “trending” link. I don’t have the link now, but I was so impressed by the claims made by “Julia” (not real person), that I continued reading. I saw the incredibly low trial offer that I filled out the info just prior to using my credit card. I thought the claims of “no strings attached” and “no hidden products to buy” dubious at best. It took a little searching to find the terms and conditions, but from my experience of “free” trials that include a recurring charge if not cancelled, I decided to read the T&C…I found what I was looking for. In order to take advantage there is a $160 charge for the trial which now is a 2 month membership/supply…that is just on the acai berry suppliment. I didn’t even check the “colon cleanse”…Upon seeing this I tried to write “Julia” at the email address included at the end of the article to express my incredulity at the claims of “no hidden charges”, which, you guessed it, came back “undeliverable”. I then tried a search for “Julia Miller” and came up with this site. I tired to find the site again but didn’t find it, I did find however this site news7update.com/health/. It is neary a carbon copy of the “Julia-News 7″ site with some suttle differences. Tehy are “hawking” “double berry blast and RIO cleanse. “And RIO Cleanse, like the Double Berry Blast, had a Free* Trial with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and had no hidden offers”. The new face of this site is “Diane”. Additionally whereas “Julia’s” trial had a 1 month supply, “Diane’s” trial “contains a 3 month supply”. This is another red flag…YOU DON’T GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING…THERE ARE NO, I REPEAT, NO FREE “LUNCHES”. You may indeed get a 3 month supply, but you will pay handsomly for that supply. This brings to mind a famos quote- Thomas Tusser, a 16th Century British farmer, horticulturalist, chorister, musician and writer, first penned the words, “A fool and his money are soon parted.” Now I’m not calling anyone that has been scammed a fool, but there is another saying…” Don’t believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see”… Valid products can be found from reputable retailers…(with NO recurring charges). If it’s not in stores, it’s probably not worth a “plug nickel”…IMHO…

Lex June 29, 2010 at 12:56 am

Regrettable I have been caught in the scam also. I managed to stop the monthly consignments etc.(so far) but they caught me on the “membership” fee. I am fighting the case now, as “Julie Miller” was the “Health and Diet journo for channel 7″.
Suggest you all give them a wide berth and spread the news of the scam originating from the US.
Lex

lisa June 29, 2010 at 10:36 pm

I was so surprised to see a picture of a well known french reporter on the website promoting acai; but I was much more susprised that they gave another name to the reporter… julia is actually Melissa Theuriau (you can check pictures of her on google), and I am sure that she would be really surprised to see her face linked with a fake name and a fake report!! this website is a huge lie!!!

dee tavis July 4, 2010 at 11:12 pm

hello they said news 5 not “king 5 news” obviously it’s a scam!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura July 6, 2010 at 1:54 am

I’ll tell my stupid story after I get my money back, close my account and stop any products from being mailed. DANG, DANG, DANG!!! It seems everybody knew about the scam months ago except me! #$!$%^@#%%!!!!!

Upset July 6, 2010 at 6:00 pm

super pissed. they charged $200 and when I emailed this Julia person, i got a bounce back email. I’m so upset and embarrassed. I really thought this was a reporter and fell for it.

Adam July 12, 2010 at 9:47 pm

About a year ago my wife ordered a trial , she was not happy , we returned and then they did not refund the money. I called them and asked them why they did not return the money. They said they did not receieve the bottle back. Thanks god I had told my wife before to mail it with delivery confirmation. I gave them the confirmation number they said “yeah I see it in the system now” they refunded our money. However a company kept charging $5.95 everymonth. I called the credit card company told them the story , changed my credit card number, got all my money back.
By the way noticed the there is an ad on weather.com about acai sh..t . Another scam … I am trying to reach weather.com customer cervise but coundt find find a number yet..

Julie Davis July 13, 2010 at 10:23 pm

I sent away for a free trial for $3.95 due to that news lady. I received the bottle right before vacation and decided to call when I got back in a week to make sure I would be spending no more. They told me they already billed my credit card $89 and according to their contract I only had 10 days to cancel from the day I made the phone call. I argued for 20 minutes with these women in Hollywood, Florida, who all sound exactly alike, and they still refused to give me a refund. I told them I would mail the product back, and they said there would still be a $40 some dollar restocking fee. I called my credit card company and have put it in dispute, so as of right now it’s off my credit card bill. Hopefully they don’t make me pay it. I’ve been scammed too!

Jayson July 14, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Dave,

How are you sure that there is no database which they put your name to mess with your credit?

My girlfriend just did this yesterday and I have already called and cancelled and they told me when she receives the product to send it back to Arizona like Scott said and they will give a full refund…

@Scott, who or what do I put as the attention to when I mail the crap back to AZ?

dave July 14, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Hey Jayson,

Remember you are the victim here – don’t let them turn the tables. I have checked with several people who have ecommerce businesses and merchant accounts and they say this “bad people database” is garbage. When you order something online your credit card is checked for available funds and that your address and zip match your billing info. There is no check for people who have been scammed and then tried to resolve it :)

Good luck,
Dave

Cindy July 18, 2010 at 11:07 pm

I just got scammed with this today. I was also on weather.com. The ad I saw was:

sponsored Links in Charlotte
Acai Berry “Warning” (Charlotte Report)
Charlotte News: Miracle Diet or Scam? Read this FREE News Report
NBS6.COM

The thing is, in Charlotte, there is a channel 6, but it is a NBC. So, you can see how I was taken in believing that this was coming from a local station. There was a special deal for today. $1.19 for the Acai and $1.49 for the colon cleanse. Free months trial. The websites that the links sent me to mentioned the mail-in rebate in small print under the big rush my order now. I just checked and the same links send me to pages that look a bit different and now do not mention the mail-in rebate at all. Within minutes of finalizing the second order, my credit union’s fraud department called me to verify that the charges were legit. I assumed that the charges would be the $1.19 and $1.49 and was very surprised that I was being charged $99.96 a piece. When I called, the people didn’t sound as if they were in America, but they claim that they are in Arizona. I asked to speak with a supervisor and finally had to insist. I spoke with Nick Parker, supervisor #6, who informed me that my order had already been shipped. Since it was 6 pm on a Sunday, I had a hard time believing that. I found out that the paperwork for the rebate would be in the package with the product and if I mailed it in immediately, it would be 40 days from today before I received my refund.

He offered me an option to pay $19.96 each which I didn’t accept. I was told that they would refund me my money after I returned the products. After reading the above comments, I will definitely send them receipt requested. I called my credit union back and was given the option to dispute the charges, which I have already done online.

I do know that a colon cleanse is a good thing to do periodically. I would advise anyone interested to go to a local health food store to purchase the product. You will have more control and will not be scammed.

Another thing to remember, even if they are legit, they count on a certain percentage of their customers to forget to send in for the rebate.

Amber July 19, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I never bought any of this but I figured I’d chime in. I worked at American Express in the Fraud dept for 2 years. I have worked for Visa, Mastercard and Discover as well.

There is NO “Database.” I literally spit my tea out when I read that (and got yelled at by my toddler for making a mess!) That’s about the biggest joke I think i have ever heard… EVER. I’m still shaking my head!

As for the credit card co… ask for the dispute dept. “Fraud” is defined when they obtained your card number by any other means than you giving it to them. The fraud dept will set up a dispute, not a fraud case. If the retailer has over a certain number of claims the CC will change their status to an immediate chargeback merchant. All this means is as soon as the rep submits the claim you will be credited. No wait time at all. A lot of the porn sites and these hokey as seen on TV merchants are immediate chargeback merchants. Let the rep know the situation and ask them to notate your dispute. The dispute department can go through all the notes and determine if they need to block a merchant all together. I’ve seen it happen more than once.

Don’t beat yourself up. Scams happen all day every day. It’s pathetic these people fel they need to scam people but they do. As long as the card you use is a visa, MC, Discover or Amex (even a debit card with the logo) you ARE protected! Contact your bank/cc co ASAP! Do NOT delay! Most CC co’s have a 6 week time limit or it has to be forced through.

And to reiterate… there is no “Shame on you” credit card number database. It’s ILLEGAL to house a database of CC numbers for others to see!

Ruby July 19, 2010 at 2:48 pm

This is a complete scam. I called immediately to cancel my order, which I believed to be a free offer…..and was told that I cannot cancel, it has already been processed. I immediately called my credit card company to ask them to refuse the charge. The only thing they can do is file a “dispute of charge” after 5 days. This I will do. I was advised to refuse the shipment or if that is not possible….do not open it. Mail it back, and when you do, get a Proof of Mailing, which the Post Office can provide. Sometimes the P.O. does not like to complete the form, and if so, you must politely insist, otherwise this unscupulous company will claim that they did not receive the product. The credit card company had already received many complaints just like mine.

Demi July 20, 2010 at 2:50 am

OMG – my partner and I both decided this sounded so good we each ordered the free trial – no charge to our credit cards yet but guess what I’ll be doing tonight? Luckily I copied and pasted to a word document the online order confirmation so I will look for the phone number and call them ASAP – I am in Australia so I really hope it isn’t an international call and I REALLY don’t want to have to cancel my credit cards!!!!! OH FFFFFFF how could we have been SOOO monumentally stupid???? We are normally so careful and laugh at his step dad who gets sucked into all sorts of “weight loss/new super health giving” discovery. Just goes to show doesn’t it?
At the worst possible time too as we are really strapped for cash and just thought well if we lose 10kg like she did then the exercise we already do will keep it off – HAH

dave July 20, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Hi Amber,

Thanks so much for you input. I think everyone should read her comments, very good information from someone who has worked in the credit card industry.

Thanks,
David

Damiano July 24, 2010 at 5:38 am

It is a scam, the photo of Julia Miller from channel 7 news is also a scam. It is actually a cropped photo of ‘Melissa Theuriau’, a very hot French news reporter, that never was overweight.

Jan July 26, 2010 at 3:26 am

Oh, look! “Stephanie” from “News 6″ is doing it, too. And her experience, not to mention her words, are almost exactly the same as “Julia’s”! Amazing!

consumeracaicleanse.com

Shawndra July 28, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Just to let everyone know who has had trouble getting a refund. If you continue to call and call and call and call and call, they will eventually refund money. I did it. Just keep nagging them and they will get your money to you. It is frustrating, but my $140 dollars was worth it!

Bill Godsey August 5, 2010 at 4:23 pm

I also fell for the scam and my credit card company was most helpful in getting it resolved. As you notice there is a link to a real station raving about legitimate sales of ACAI. I have notified them of the fact that they are being used.

Asier August 5, 2010 at 5:46 pm

The pic is from a french reporter, Melissa Theuriau

Deb August 18, 2010 at 6:56 pm

They are at it again… changed websites this time. Too bad I was too taken in on this, will call my bank and see if I can get these charges reversed. Live and learn.

The ones I saw today are:
consumer-warning.net/diet/index5.php
news7daily.tv
news6-health.com/

ToyaP August 30, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I almost fell for this scam from Acai Max Cleanse and Colothin Pro; from Julia Miller Health 7 News; when a new window for Acai Max appeared from a Helen Cohen from Health News Weekly. As I read both stories I noticed before moving to the 2nd paragraph that they were similar and then to the 2nd paragraph I noticed they were identical word for word. I am no nutritionist or doctor, but I think everyone took the basics in health in grade school and your teacher told you, no two bodies are alike. They won’t gain/lose or even develop exactly alike. So, when I saw their test ended with both losing 25lbs. I laughed at how desperate I was to almost suck my credit card and e-mail info on their website only to be surely sucked into this gimmick! When my trainer said diet pills are fine as a maintenance tool, but the old fashion crunch and leg lifts is the sure fire result finder…save your money, back away from the table, put the fork down & yes an extra scoop of anything does hurt! I believe her…Thank you Brie!

Julia Miller new scam September 2, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Now she is selling debt relief of your debt by filling this little form on line.
About getting rid of these people from the internet requiring stiff penalty for fake stuff.
Check google for antyhing first from multiple sources especially if it is too good to be true,

catie September 27, 2010 at 1:52 pm

so if i ordered the “free month” what will they really charge me? and does it really work??
HELP!!